Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Haye signs with Titans

By Barca Blog - Former Commodore Jovan Haye is coming back to Nashville.

The Tennessee Titans signed the defensive tackle to a four-year deal worth a reported $16 million Monday according to Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper.

"It means a lot," said Haye, who played at Vanderbilt from 2002-04. "I say to myself now, I’m back home. This is a place where I visited often. During Super Bowl week, this is where I was the whole week. It feels good. Vanderbilt is right up the street. I have a lot of friends here, and just to have an opportunity to play for a great organization, that was key in the decision."

Haye spent most of the last three seasons with Tampa Bay. Last year, he started 14 games and recorded 33 tackles. In 2007, he had a career-best six sacks and 68 tackles.

As a Commodore, Haye had 149 tackles, 10.5 sacks, 17 tackles for loss and one interception in three seasons and earned second-team All-SEC honors as a sophomore.

Read More About Haye:
TitansOnline Release
Press Conference Quotes
Tennessean Release
Nashville City Paper Release

No comments:

Post a Comment