Sunday, March 22, 2009

No time to waste

by Barca Blog - During today's press conference, Melanie Balcomb elaborated on what it's like to work on a collegiate coaching staff, especially when you have less than 48 hours to prepare for the most important game of the season.

"I have a ritual that I do where I stay in my room and isolate myself and watch a lot of film. My staff will socialize a lot more than me. I don't want them to lock themselves up. They were really prepared ahead of time. They each had one of the teams in the tournament. Each one of them knew and was prepared and had already seen 12 game films on the teams we might be playing next. We got up very early this morning and meet as a staff to present it to the team.

"I am in charge of us, so I have to watch our game film and wait on the latest game film. I try to take it one game at a time. When we are on the road, I have to spend more time watching film and catching up."

No comments:

Post a Comment