Friday, March 20, 2009

The long, hard road

By Weinman - Okay, so traveling with the women's basketball team is not hard. But my driveway is -- just ask my bag.

Leaving the house yesterday morning, I had a little trouble getting out of my garage. Once I shifted the car from drive to reverse, however, the problem subsided and I was on my way to work.

Fast forward to 11:30 a.m. and my wife calls. She asks why my luggage is sitting in the driveway. When I tell her how ridiculous that is, she informs me that the bag looks like its been run over by a car. Things slowly become clear.

So, it turns out that I dragged the bag -- and a great, useful bag it is -- out of the garage underneath the car and left it in the driveway for half the day. Thankfully, my wife came home for lunch as was able to meet me halfway in between Vanderbilt and our house in Springfield (thanks, love you!).

The cosmetic damage to the bag is worse than the actual damage. The structural integrity over the bag is still fine, the small outside pocket won't be quite as functional with a three-inch hole and no functional zipper. But all of my clothes made it in tact to Albuquerque, and everyone has gotten a good laugh out of the ordeal.

2 comments:

  1. Should we start a fund to replace said piece of luggage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should we start a fund to replace said luggage?

    ReplyDelete