Friday, March 6, 2009

Twitter this

By Barca Blog - So, you may have heard that our official site, VUcommodores.com, has joined the Twitter world.

What is twitter you might ask? Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging service that allows its users to send and read other users' updates (known as tweets), which are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length.

I like to use it because I can sync up my cell phone up to receive live Commodore score updates. For example, I was at dinner with my lovely wife last night and while she wasn't looking, I could sneak into my pocket and check my phone to see if I received any baseball score updates from VandyBaseball on Twitter.

Also, I can keep track of what the women's basketball team is doing on the road at the SEC Tournament in North Little Rock, Ark., by joining VandyWBB on Twitter.

I can also decide which news I want to follow so I am not overwhelmed with text messages. And Twitter can be used for other things besides cellphones... You can keep up with it on the internet if you don't want texts.

Anyway, read more about it by clicking here and sign-up to follow the 'Dores. Twitter is a free online service but standard text message rates apply if you add it to your phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment