Saturday, May 2, 2009

Carolina Stadium

by SID - I promised an update on South Carolina's stadium, simply named Carolina Stadium (click above for larger image). This palace is definitely one of the finer ballparks in the country. The field was in perfect shape and the place is very well laid out. The price tag was upwards of $35 million dollars and they spared no expense. I have yet to see the 4,000 square foot weight room and locker room but reports are it is better than some big league set ups.

As someone who has seen a variety of college parks over the years, to me I put it right behind Arkansas' in the conference (and therefore the country). The lack of a visitor locker room and quality parking is the big difference from my view.

Be back with starting lineups in a couple of hours. Looks like Drew Hayes will get the start on the mound.

No comments:

Post a Comment