Friday, May 29, 2009

Time flies

By Barca Blog - Sitting here in the Sheraton, only hours away from our regional opener with Middle Tennessee, I thought to myself… Where has the season gone?

It seems like only yesterday the Commodores were packing their bags to head out west to Palo Alto and Berkeley. Or just the other day that Jonathan White or Nick Christiani came into the program as wide-eyed freshman.

“When you’re a coach, kids come and go and it’s almost like you never even coached them sometimes,” Tim Corbin said. “I can’t even remember coaching (David) Price, and (Pedro) Alvarez, and (Ryan) Flaherty. That was just a year ago or two years ago. It comes quick and I tell the kids every semester that once you get started in January it’s going to fly by so enjoy every minute that you have.”

No one really knew what to expect with such a young squad this season, but here we are, back in the NCAA tournament for the fourth consecutive year. It feels good to be one of only 64 teams left playing ball. I, for one, am going to try and enjoy every minute of it.

I'll leave you with a song from the greatest band of all-time... Huey Lewis and the News. I loved seeing all of these classic clips from some of HLN's best videos. Bravo.

No comments:

Post a Comment