By A. Boggs - Twenty-nine Vanderbilt Student Athletes have been named to the 2009 SEC Winter Academic Honor Roll for their achievements in the classroom this season.
The 2008-09 SEC Winter Academic Honor Roll is based on grades from the 2008 Spring, Summer and Fall terms. The list includes student athletes who played a sport during the winter season.
The qualifications to make the team are as follows:
(1) A student-athlete must have a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution.
(2) If a student-athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the Academic Honor Roll.
(3) Student-athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and non-scholarship student-athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons.
(4) Prior to being nominated, a student-athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non-remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution.
(5) The student-athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport’s entire NCAA Championship segment.
To see the entire list, please read here.