Monday, April 27, 2009

More from Moore

by Barca Blog - Commodore cornerback D.J. Moore talked with Todd Shanesy of the the Spartanburg Herald-Journal (his hometown newspaper) about his reaction to being selected by the Chicago Bears with the 119 overall pick in the NFL Draft Sunday.

On being drafted by the Bears
“I was so happy. I was so relieved. I guess things happen for a reason. I know I’m good. I think I landed in a good situation, so everything will happen for the best. I think the Bears are getting one of the best players in the draft. They’re getting a steal.”

On not being taken until the fourth round
“I didn’t know what was going on. There were so many of them getting drafted. I was trying to find out what was wrong with me. I don’t know what happened … For a minute, I was like, ‘Am I even going to get picked?’ I paid my dues. I really didn’t understand it.”

To read the entire article, click here. (Photo by John Byrum)

No comments:

Post a Comment