Sunday, September 6, 2009

Larry Smith update

by Barca Blog - With Vanderbilt leading Western Carolina 28-0 late in the third quarter, redshirt sophomore quarterback Larry Smith came out of the game after running six yards for a first down.

No reason to worry Commodore fans. Head coach Bobby Johnson defined Smith's injury as "cramps in the legs." Smith's not expected to miss the 'Dores next game at LSU.

"I started cramping up," Smith explained. "My calf muscles and my stomach locking up on me.

"I felt it during the whole drive. My calves started getting a little tight on me and then once I ran that quarterback draw, my whole body locked up."

The Prattville, Ala., native momentarily went to the locker room before returning to the sidelines in the fourth quarter to use a stationary bike. Mackenzi Adams and Jared Funk took the snaps the rest of the way to finish off the Commodores' 45-0 win over the Catamounts.

In his first regular season start, Smith completed 10-of-18 passes for 153 yards including a 46-yard touchdown pass to Justin Green. Smith also rushed for 73 yards on 11 carries.

For complete coverage of VU's victory, click here.

1 comment:

  1. So glad Larry is going to be okay for LSU. He was awesome!

    ReplyDelete