Halftime: Vanderbilt 21, Western Carolina 0
• In the first three minutes, sophomore linebacker Chris Marve posted two forced fumbles and a quarterback sack. He had a team-high four forced fumbles last year.
• With 7:19 left in the first quarter, quarterback Larry Smith connected with junior Justin Green for a 49-yard touchdown reception. It was Green’s first career touchdown reception, and his longest career catch.
• With 4:04 in the initial quarter, tailback Warren Norman capped a quick Commodore scoring drive with a 7-yard touchdown rush. He also had a pair of 16-yard rushes in the drive.
• Vanderbilt’s 14-0 margin after one quarter matches the team’s largest lead since the Commodores owned a 17-0 advantage over South Carolina on Oct. 20, 2007.
• On the first play of the second quarter, Stacy’s 9-yard touchdown carry after lining up at quarterback pushed the lead to 21-0.
• The last time Vanderbilt held an opponent scoreless at halftime was against Eastern Michigan, 13-0, on Sept. 29, 2007.
• The 21-point advantage tied the Commodores largest halftime lead since a 28-7 margin against Duke on Oct. 28, 2006. The most recent lead larger than that at halftime was when Vanderbilt held a 41-6 advantage against Chattanooga on Sept. 6, 2003.
Follow the second half on VUcommodores.com.