Saturday, February 7, 2009

Byars thanks fans for All-Star votes

A few weeks ago I posted a link where Vanderbilt fans could help vote former basketball star Derrick Byars into the third annual NBA D-League All-Star game.

Every vote helped as Byars was selected as an All-Star for the Red team on Tuesday. Byars thanked Commodore fans for their support.

"I appreciate the involvement in my being selected for the All-Star game,” Byars said, “even though I'm two years removed my last game in a Vanderbilt uniform. I appreciate the fans and followers who voted because they didn't necessarily have to. I look forward to their continued support."

Byars leads the Bakersfield Jam in points (18.0) and assists (3.0), while also pulling down 4.8 rebounds per game. He’s sixth in the league in three-point percentage (.437) and eighth in three-pointers made (52). In his last game Thursday, Byars scorched Anaheim for 31 points on 9-for-12 shooting from the field including 6-for-8 from three-point range.

The NBA D-League All-Star game is scheduled for February 14 at 1 p.m. CT in Phoenix, Ariz. To view the entire roster, click here.

Finally, take a trip down memory lane with some of Byars’ highlights from his senior season in 2006-07.


No comments:

Post a Comment