Numbers courtesy of the SEC ...
· The SEC had the most players taken among conferences in the draft. Behind the SEC’s 49 selections were the Big Ten (34), ACC (31), Big 12 (30) and Pac-10 (29).
· Since 1990, the SEC has had 782 total selections in the NFL Draft, an average of 37.2 selections per year. The Big Ten is second with 672 selections.
· The SEC has now led or tied for the most selections in the NFL Draft for 11 of the last 13 seasons and the last four drafts.
· The SEC had at least five players taken in every round of this season’s draft.
· There have been 67 first round SEC selections in last 10 drafts, an average 6.7 per year.
· Since 2004, the SEC has had 32 players taken in the first 18 picks of the first round.
· In the last eight NFL drafts, 11 of 12 SEC teams had at least one player go in the top 11 of the first round.
· The SEC has had 3 of the top 8 picks in NFL draft for 4th straight year and 5 of last 6 years.