Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tinsley shines in win over Auburn

by Barca Blog

Head coach Kevin Stallings called Brad Tinsley's performance against Auburn "probably his best game of the year."

With his outside shot not falling during the month of January (1-for-13 before Auburn), Tinsley has taken a different approach by attacking the basket more frequently in the last few games. His strategy worked on Saturday as he scored all of his points from inside the arc against the Tigers.

The sophomore guard finished the game with a season-high 15 points, including 11 in the first half to reach double figures for the first time since the Mercer game on December 21.

"I've kind of learned over the last year and a half that I can't really rely on my three-point shooting," he said. "I've got to use my whole game. I think I did that tonight. It's not all about being a three-point shooter. You've got to let the game come to you and keep playing aggressive."

Stallings told the press after the game that he could sense Tinsley was due for a breakout performance.

"I could see it coming," Stallings admitted. "He had his best practice of the year on Monday, and probably his second best practice of the year on Tuesday. He really looked good all week in practice. I was glad to see him be aggressive and assertive and he was also good defensively."

Photo by Steve Green

No comments:

Post a Comment