Just a list of some of the positives and negatives of Vanderbilt's 71-52 victory over South Florida.
-Kept South Florida from getting transition baskets; Forced them to play against a set defense; USF ended up with zero fast break points.
-Held the Bulls to 34 percent shooting
- More aggressive rebounding; Limited USF to one shot per possession; A.J.'s and Darshawn's best rebounding efforts of the season; The Commodores are now 7-0 when outrebounding their opponent.
- Looked better offensively in the second half; Made jump shots to open up the inside game; A.J. and Jermaine were exceptional... Jermaine had a career-high 20 points while A.J. collected his sixth career double-double (20 points, 13 boards)
- Darshawn showed some range from downtown by knocking down two treys. He had only made four 3-pointers in his career coming into the contest.
- Lance returned to action for the first time since the season opener with Morehead State. He contributed one rebound in seven minutes of action.
- Coach picked up victory 300
- The crowd chanted "S-E-C" after Vanderbilt and Tennessee swept their Big East opponents
- The Sommet Center played Motley Crue's "Dr. Feelgood" as the last song of the night over the loudspeakers. Nice original choice... two thumbs up!
- Turned the ball over 21 times
- Only converted 19 of 29 free throws
- Not a pretty win (but still a win)
- Joe Duffy just missed a thunderous dunk at the buzzer (that almost made me jump out of my seat)
Did I miss anything? If so, let me know.
Post a Comment