Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Video: Goulbourne rocks the rim, part I

I’m sure you’ve heard by now about freshman Lance Goulbourne’s monster dunk in the second half of Vanderbilt’s 78-48 victory at UMass last Saturday.

I talked to Lance on Monday about the jam… here’s what he had to say:

“I think that was the first dunk that I’ve really had this season. I had one earlier, but it wasn’t really that great. It felt good to get up there and get above the rim again. Everyone was pretty excited. We called a timeout and teammates kept slapping me. It was a fun thing to do.”

And in case you haven’t seen it, then here’s the footage courtesy of CBS CollegeSports:

4 comments:

  1. Goulbourne is becoming as impressive at Taylor. I wonder when they will both be on the floor at the same time; right now they sub for each other. Go 'dores!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tremendous explosion for the slam!! The pass fake froze their defenders but Lance covered ground so quickly they had no chance!!

    Go Vandy!! Beat UK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goulbourne is fun to watch and plays with a lot of confidence. I would like to see him throw one down on UK this saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best is yet to come from this kid. Coach Stallings and staff are doing a great job bring him along. NYC is proud of him!

    ReplyDelete