Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Moore Honors

From our football communications office...

Vanderbilt cornerback D.J. Moore became the first Commodore standout in 11 years to receive All-America recognition from the Associated Press when the organization named him to its second team defense Tuesday.

Moore, a junior from Spartanburg, S.C., also was named to SI.com's First Team All-America squad on Tuesday. SI.com became the second key Web site to pick Moore, following a similar decision published last week by Rivals.com. A third highly regarded college football Web site, PhilSteele.com, also recognized Moore as a second team All-American on Tuesday.

"I'm real happy to hear that," Moore said. "I want to thank my teammates and our coaching staff. The coaches really gave me an opportunity to get on the field early in my career and did a great job getting me prepared to play."

Click Here to read the full release.

1 comment: