Monday, December 29, 2008

Hawkins shares his faith

I had the pleasure of attending the Fellowship of Christian Athletes Breakfast early Monday morning.

In front of a packed ballroom inside Gaylord Opryland Hotel, junior tailback Jared Hawkins shared how he found his faith in Christ just before coming to Vanderbilt.

"I decided to dedicate everything I was going to do from that point on to Christ whether it be football or school or just living daily. I wanted to make sure that everything was about Him. I am so thankful for everything He's blessed me with."

The event was hosted by WSMV's Rudy Kalis and also featured a testimonial from Boston College offensive guard Thomas Claiborne as well as a talk from former Tennessee Titans wide receiver Kevin Dyson.

I give Jared credit for having the courage to open up a personal chapter of his life in front of his peers. That's never an easy thing to do.

And the next time you see Jared score a touchdown, you won't see any showboating or gloating in the end zone. You'll see him thanking God for giving him the ability to live through Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment