Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Up for the challenge

by Barca Blog - With two new starters in Vanderbilt’s secondary, Western Carolina quarterback Zack Jaynes instead chose to go after one of the nation's top senior cornerbacks last Saturday.

Myron Lewis welcomed the test, breaking up three passes (which tied a career-high) while just missing interceptions on two of them.

“I was a little surprised,” Lewis admitted, “but I love it when people challenge me. I’m always up for it. I’ve always got to stay on my toes. I was ready to make plays and was prepared for them to throw my way. It just gives me more practice and prepares me for later in the season.”

Lewis, who was named to the Jim Thorpe Award preseason watchlist, leads all current Commodores with six career interceptions. You can bet he'll continue to make opponents pay for targeting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment