Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Around the Web - Tuesday, June 23

  • Congrats to Bobby Johnson and Des Kitchings. The duo will be inducted into the Furman Athletics Hall of Fame in July.

  • Pedro Alvarez commented on his promotion to Double-A: "It's an honor and a privilege to be anticipated in such a way," he told the Associated Press. "It's very flattering. It's just my first year and I still have a long way to go, a lot to learn. I'm excited that the people in Pittsburgh are excited. All I can promise is that I'm going to work as hard as I can and do the best I can for this organization."

  • Wide receiver Brandon Marshall recently announced he wanted to be traded from the Broncos. Quarterback Jay Cutler talked with the Daily Press about the possibility of reuniting with Marshall in Chicago. "I played with Brandon for three years and I think he's one of the best receivers in the NFL. I think he can be one of the greatest ever to play. He's big and fast, and can do everything you want him to do, on the field and in the meeting room. I don't know what we're going to do. That's up to the guys upstairs. If we make a run at him, we make a run at him."
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment