Thursday, February 19, 2009

Brian Harris Q&A

By Barca Blog - Shortstop Brian Harris talks about the Commodores' season-opening baseball trip to California this weekend.

On being named a starter:

“I think I have (paid my dues), and I just try to become a better player every single day. If I’m starting then great, if not then I just try to help the team the best way that I can on and off the field.”

On playing defense:

“I just like playing defense. I can’t explain it. It’s just something that I like to do. I have a lot of fun with it. It’s something that I take a whole lot of pride in. If people see that then that’s awesome.”

On being a backup prior to this year:

“When you’re playing behind two guys like Pedro and Feinberg, they’re two great players. They’ve been in that starting role for so long the experience kind of plays out. That’s just what I was trying to do – produce when my name was called. If I’m not starting then that’s fine. I just want to help the team any way I can.”

On communicating with a young infield:

“At first it was kind of mysterious because we didn’t know who was going to play where. The young guys were getting kind of nervous, but they’ve adapted very, very well. They’ve just completely come into our circle. We like every single one of them. They’re doing so well. There’s some senior leadership in that, but it’s also them buying into what we’re about and just believing in what we’re trying to help them out with.”

On the opening series at Stanford:

“We’re so excited to go to Stanford. Coach Corbin said we’ve been trying to play these guys for seven years now. I think it’ll be a good thing for them and a good thing for us. We’re just so excited to go out there and play those guys.”

1 comment:

  1. B Harris...best of luck...I wish you the best you were one of the hardest working guys I've had the pleasure of working with!

    Jim Sammons

    ReplyDelete